Tuesday 17 October 2023

Autumn Sets in at Thyme Cottage

Never fear dear friends, the Whispers at Thyme Cottage haven't grown silent again, and Muriel and Albert Singer are still enjoying their lives in this sweet little cottage down the long forgotten road... they have just been busy getting on with things over the summer, but Autumn has definitely set in and the winds are blowing the Autumn leaves swirling around Thyme Cottage and the whispers are louder again.  Muriel has had her washing on the little line that Albert strung up for her, and has just brought it in....


The little front porch at Thyme Cottage is looking very welcoming...


Inside Muriel is busy having just brought her washing in from the line.


She doesn't look overly impressed with having to do some ironing


but quickly shakes that feeling from her mind 


and gets to work


it won't take long and soon all the washing will be neatly ironed and ready to go away.


Sure enough the ironing board is now tucked behind the wringer/mangle.  


The sound of singing is once again coming from the kitchen as Muriel gets the kettle on and prepares some pots to cook their dinner.


The scent of home cooking fills the air.


Just a glimpse at the shelves to see if there are any changes in Thyme Cottage.  
Sure enough there are a couple of pots sitting on top of the dresser.


Muriel's home baked bread always looks and smells delicious!


The whispers join in with Muriel's humming

Dinner will be served soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newest items in Thyme Cottage:

Ironing Board - Handmade by myself
Some pots and pans


2 comments:

  1. Dear Muriel, the voices had grown too dim to even hear.... and my comment ability had disappeared a few weeks ago, much to my dismay! But I have recovered the comment ability with the help of my tech fluent son. So now I can tell you how much I love the progress in Thyme Cottage! The ironing board is wonderful! I have an ancient (antique!) RL wooden ironing board with an old terry cloth towel tacked on it and have been using the same one for fifty years now! So I can understand the feeling of accomplishment, both grand and mini! And the kitchen is feeling so home-like and cozy! The scent of fresh bread..... well, I can imagine it! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. You've probably given up on me! I was having problems too! Hope to do an update asap...I tend to forget to take the photos as I have been doing videos for Youtube instead, very remiss of me.

      Delete